The Master’s programme in Law & Finance fills a large demand for financial legal specialists for which offers one of the only degrees in the world. Graduates from this Master, will typically find employment as:
- Lawyers, in the corporate/transactional and financial practices of law firms.
- Legal and compliance experts in the financial industry (including banks, insurance companies and pension funds).
- Legal Counsel for in-house legal departments of multinational corporations and/or international organisations.
- Legal and compliance officers for financial supervisory authorities.
- Consultants in positions requiring legal and financial knowledge in organisations such as think-tanks, accounting firms, proxy advisors, among others.
- Academic researchers in law and finance.
Our students and graduates
Student Performance 1st cohort (2018-2019)
- 21 (54%) of the 1st semester Thesis track have graduated.
- Average grade: 8
- Median grade: 8
- 9 (23%) of the 2nd semester Thesis track just finished as well
Where did they go?
- 2 on a PhD @UvA
- Interns @law firms
- Simmons & Simmons, Clifford Chance, DLA, De Brauw
- In-house counsel trainees
- Banks, national & international
- 1 central bank (DNB)
Read more about our PhD programme
Find your international job
The Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education (Nuffic) has compiled a website about finding a job in the Netherlands for international students: Career in Holland.
Go to the Holland Alumni website